Decking and Paving
Outdoor areas are becoming an increasingly important part of New Zealand homes. Our climate is such that we can spend many months outside in the evenings and decks or paved areas are essential.
- Drainage is an important component of this stage and needs to be considered early in the planning process.
- Also, where decks attach to walls is a weak point for moisture, so ensure the proper procedures are followed.
- Paving is an alternative to wooden decks that may have an advantage in durability and opens up creative opportunities.
- Have attachments to walls been done properly?
- Is the deck rated to hold sufficient people?
- Is the drainage sufficient?
Suppliers - Click on those you would like to find out more about…
- Niagara Sawmilling Company Ltd
- We supply national and international markets with a selection of kiln dried or treated outdoor timber for building or manufacturing purposes.