Laundry and Storage
Every home needs one, whether space is at a premium and the laundry is shared with the kitchen or bathroom or you can afford to spread out.
- Consider storage for all those items you need here – detergents, clothes baskets, ironing board and iron.
- Is this at the back door – if not, how will you access the outside clothesline?
- Have you considered a rack for drying clothes inside?
- Are the appliances easy to access and fill and empty?
- Is the lighting sufficient for the tasks being done?
- Is the door here (if there is one) suitable for pet doors?
Storage is critical for all the things you collect over the years and are convinced you need to keep. Access to the roof cavity using pull down attic doors can give a huge amount of usable space otherwise being wasted, or consider trapdoors to under floor space for things like wine cellars. Cleverly designed and located cupboards are incredibly useful. Look for opportunities during the design stage and add them wherever space and budget allow. You can never have too many cupboards!